In 2014, every North Coast TAFE student will have a complimentary membership of the Student Association. Student associations are run by students for students and are a great way of getting more involved with campus activities.
The Student Association engages and supports students with a focus on:
- social and digital media
- mentoring programs
- campus events - barbecues, competitions, sporting, creative, artistic and social activities and lots more. You can receive notice of these campus activities when you 'like' your local campus Facebook page.
- educational support services such as inexpensive photocopying, laminating, binding and faxing
- employability skills
- student advocacy
- community links
Services provided vary from campus to campus with the aim is to provide to a vibrant, interactive TAFE-life experience.
Student Association funds are used to buy various equipment such as outdoor seating, lockers, laptops, student refrigerators and to provide campus landscaping and organise occasional on-campus lunchtime entertainment.
By attending association meetings and by becoming a board member, you get a chance to have your say about how things are done and what students’ needs are.
Your Campus, Your Voice - Join the Student Advisory Board and become a student voice and enjoy this social experience
For more information, please contact the Student Association Officer at your campus.
Student Association Officers
All campuses have a Student Association Officer. Student Association Officers at North Coast TAFE work part time and support two or three campuses.
The role of the Student Association Officer is to:
- assist with the running of the Student Association at each campus
- find out what out-of-class facilities, services and activities are needed by students
- set up and assist the Student Association Board to develop ways to meet the needs of students
- let students know about their rights and responsibilities
- communicate campus events via the campus Facebook page.
After you commence your studies you will hear more from the Student Association Officer about what is specifically going on at your campus and how you can become more involved in student activities.
The Co-op Bookshop is open from mid-January through to late December at Coffs Harbour Education Campus - phone (02) 6659 3225.
A branch of the Illawarra TAFE Student Association (ITSA) Bookshop is located on the ground floor in B Block Port Macquarie Campus. If you have any enquiries, phone (02) 6581 6387 or 1800 770 977.
You can save money by buying second-hand textbooks. It is your responsibility to check that your purchase is the correct edition, print and author as there is no refund. You may also be able to sell textbooks you no longer need. The Student Association noticeboard can be used to advertise second-hand books, or contact your Student Association Officer or the head teacher of your course.
More information and state-wide competitions at studentassociations.info.