About our Online Services
When you enrol at North Coast TAFE you will receive access to a wide range of online services and electronic resources to support and assist your studies.
On enrolment you will receive a username and password for your DEC TAFE NSW Student Account.
These are some of the services this account will allow you to access: Your e-mail account; Library eResources; and virtual classrooms. Also you can review and update your contact details, and view, print and request a copy of your enrolment details and results.
Username and password
You will receive your Department of Education and Communities (DEC) username and password when you enrol depending on which method you use to enrol:
- In person - your receipted enrolment form shows your User name and password.
- Online– when you enter your personal details you will receive your User name and Password with details of your payment due at a later date
- Application – you will receive your User name and password with the letter acknowledging your successful application.
- Re-enrolment - a re-enrolling letter will be generated with your User name and password; if you are currently registered there is no need to reissue your user name and password
This login will give you access to the DEC TAFE NSW Student Account.
HELP - If you need help logging on with your username and/or password contact your Campus Administration Office, Library or Teacher.
TAFE NSW Student Account Services
Services that can be accessed through your TAFENSW Student portal: http://student.det.nsw.edu.au
- Overview of the features available through this portal.
- Google search feature
- Library Search – for more information on Library see the link below
- Self-managed timetables and calendars
- TAFE links are sorted into 3 major areas
- My TAFE: Including enrolment, employment and recognition services.
- My Learning: Including links to Moodle and any other Learning Management systems you have been given access to, see eLearning Management sites below.
- e-Services: Including changing your password, changing your personal and contact details, viewing details and subject/module results; request a transcript of results; view notifications and calendar information such as scheduled TAFE NSW Final Examinations.
HELP - If you need help navigating through this system contact your Teacher or LIbrary.
Your teachers will arrange your access to the following sites:
• Moodle - provides students with an online learning environment. Students and teachers can share, learn and collaborate within this online space.
• myNCTAFE - is a secure site where teachers can post course notes, timetables assignments and learning resources for use by students.
HELP - If you need help accessing this site contact your Teacher
Library and eResources
Visit the Library site for details of the many library resources available to you.